OK, so it’s time to paint your walls, what do you choose? Sure, white is safe (and classic) but what about black? There’s nothing quite like the drama of a black room. Black is classic, stunning and- best of all- it will never go out of style. It can go modern, when paired with sleek, streamlined furniture and accents. Or, create a traditional look with metallic accessories and rich wood tones.
A lot of people are scared of painting walls black, for fear that it will make the room feel small. On the contrary, black walls can accentuate a room with nice light. It provides the perfect backdrop for artwork and it looks great in high-contrast with white molding.
Here are 10 beautiful black rooms, done right. (I’m dying to do something like #4 in my house!)
1) Teen’s room, from The Hunted Interior
2) Office Space, from Gravity.
3) Jenna Lyon’s bedroom, by Domino.
4) Black tiled bathroom wall by MHouseInc.
5) Black rustic modern bedroom from My Domaine.
6) Black exterior from Carla Aston Design.
7) Jenni Kayne’s living room from Architectural Digest.
8) Living Space by Fastighetsbyrån
9) Black dining room from Apartment Therapy.
10) Nursery by Chezerbey.